Dennis J. Fisher, Q.C.
PARTNERdfisher@scharfsteinlaw.comCautionary note: If you are not presently a client of Scharfstein Gibbings Walen Fisher LLP, any information you communicate in your email is not protected by lawyer/client confidentiality, nor is a lawyer/client relationship established by our receipt of this email. Before we can discuss your matter, we must ensure that we do not have a conflict of interest. Please do not send us any confidential information in your e-mail.
Email Dennis J. Fisher
Dennis is a partner with Scharfstein Gibbings Walen Fisher LLP. He was born and raised in Saskatoon and has practised law since 1992. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and his Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Saskatchewan before embarking on his legal studies. Dennis practises in the area of Civil Litigation, with a particular emphasis on Family Law and Administrative Law (Professional Discipline). He is also an Agent for the Federal Department of Justice engaged to assist with court appointed counsel matters. He has appeared successfully in the Provincial Court for Saskatchewan, the Court of Queen’s Bench, the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal, and the Federal Court of Canada.
Education and Experience
Appointed Queen’s Counsel, Saskatchewan
Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar
Juris Doctor – University of Saskatchewan
Bachelor of Commerce – University of Saskatchewan
Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) – University of Saskatchewan
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Administrative Law – Professional Discipline
- Criminal Law
- Agent for Department of Justice (Canada)
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Saskatchewan Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Member, Queen’s Bench Rules – Revision Committee
- Presenter, Saskatchewan Legal Education Society Inc.
- Past Member, United Way Fundraising Committee
- Past Member, Kid’s Help Phone
- Saskatchewan Touch Football Enthusiast