PARTNERchaaf@scharfsteinlaw.comCautionary note: If you are not presently a client of Scharfstein Gibbings Walen Fisher LLP, any information you communicate in your email is not protected by lawyer/client confidentiality, nor is a lawyer/client relationship established by our receipt of this email. Before we can discuss your matter, we must ensure that we do not have a conflict of interest. Please do not send us any confidential information in your e-mail.
Email Cara Haaf
After graduating from the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law in 2002, Cara articled in Melfort, Saskatchewan and was called to the Bar in 2003. Shortly thereafter, she returned to Saskatoon to practise law. In 2007, Cara joined Scharfstein Gibbings Walen Fisher LLP as an associate and became a partner in 2013.
Cara’s primary areas of practice include Family Law, Civil Litigation, Wills, Estates and Real Estate. Cara has appeared successfully before all levels of Court in Saskatchewan, including the Provincial Court for Saskatchewan, the Court of Queen’s Bench, Federal Tax Court and the Court of Appeal. Cara also has extensive training in alternative dispute resolution methods to assist her clients in resolving issues without resorting to court action.
Cara lives in Saskatoon with her husband, Chad, and their two sons.
Education and Experience
Admitted to the Saskatchewan Bar
Bachelor of Laws – University of Saskatchewan
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Real Estate
- Wills and Estates
- Civil Litigation
- Corporate Commercial
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Law Society of Saskatchewan
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Saskatoon Bar Association
- Section Chair, Canadian Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Member, Canadian Bar Association Family Law North Section
- Volunteer Lawyer, Legal Advice Clinic (Past)
- Volunteer Lawyer, Pro Bono Students Canada Family Law Project
- Volunteer, Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education – Learning Group Facilitator (Family Law, Wills and Real Estate)